Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Well,HELLO!

...Sooooo....this is awkward. Almost 2 years have gone by since we last updated this thing. We started it thinking that we would be updating at the very least weekly. So, for those of our lovely friends and family that were hoping to follow us here....we owe you our deepest apologies. (Especially Melinda-our most devoted follower! Love you,Mel!) I won't go into a long drawn out thing here, but suffice  it to say that our first year here, was a little brutal. Don't get me wrong, we have enjoyed a LOT of incredible experiences, also. We knew it would be tough- that's why we wanted to do it, well , part of the reason. We wanted to do something challenging and new. But, they kind of sent us down here about a year too early, so we kind of had nothing to do...and well, it just ended up being a little different than we had originally thought it would be. I (Whitney) was also sick about 75% of the first year.  All in all, it was just plain ROUGH, and that last thing I wanted to do was to get on here and blog about how wonderful everything was. I don't like blowing smoke. I didn't want to bum people out, or worry people, and I hate acting like everything is peachy while I am violently ill. So, I just avoided it all together. Looking back on the last year and a half now though, it's a lot easier to pick out all the good times. All the exciting things. And trust me, THOSE are the things you are gonna want to read about, not awkward doctor visits. SO, I have decided to do a bunch of "flash back " blog posts of some of our adventures. Like out 2 trips to see Machu Picchu!  (I actually just found 2 drafts posts in my archive-so  I will start with those!)
AND an update on what day to day life is for us right now. That part will be super boring. I hope we can redeem ourselves a little!
Love from Peru, James and Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Apparently not that loyal because I just saw this post. :) I'm not good about my blog these days either. I just love hearing that you're doing so well, and now I can see all of your cool Peru photos on Facebook. The temple looks so beautiful, and I know I'm among so many when I say how proud we are all of you both.

    Sending love and hugs and your way. - Melinda

    ReplyDelete