Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nesting

Our house is cute,and we're so grateful for it-but....(there is always a"but" ) The decor leaves much to be desired, and the 5 little garden spots are very naked. We have a 3 year lease- so, I'm nesting. A lot. I am trying to make this house our home. James? He understands that I will be at home waaaaay more than he will. So, he's humoring me. Very nicely.
 My first order of business? The gardens. There are about 5 women I wish I could have here to help me decide what flowers to buy, and how to arrange them in the plots.(You know who you are!)  I  have never planted flower beds before!!! I'm excited and overwhelmed. I can't wait till we've finished, so we can sit in the back yard sipping tea and enjoying the lushness. I just don't know how many times I'll have to re-arrange  before the yard  looks like the picture in my head! I suppose I'll learn best by trial and error-and when it's all over I'll appreciate it much more because it didn't come easy.
We decided to start small by planting a few containers of succulents. The pots down here are crazy cheap! So I kind of went hog wild! I mean, pots that are 2 feet tall and have a 2 foot diameter for 12 dollars!!! How could I say no to that! We also visited a few roadside jardin tiendas for all of our plants. I bought 2 of them out of thier ranunculus, and almost bought one out of her succulents!
Here are some before pictures- I'll be slowly adding pictures of the process as we go. I know a few friend/family members will love it. Others....may not. :0)
Tomorrows project- back yard fountain! See! I AM going all out!!! WooooHoooo!

 This plot is kind of in the middle of the house.....It's in our entry.
 Front "yard"
 Back yard- this is the fountain spot!
 WEIRD PLOT! Kind of in a random spot. I don't really know what to do with it!
 Back yard from left to right



 So.... this spot is in our garage....It's open above, so I'm thinking Veg/Herb garden-(the windows are above the kitchen sink.) Look at my pretty flowers!!!
Here we GOOOOOOO!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be such a garden guru by the time you get back to MT to plant your property! Those spaces can be so much fun (and much easier to maintain). I always create those just to have a place for one last bush. Looks like fun Whit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find just the right plants during all your sight seeing excursions. The fountain is cool.

    ReplyDelete